Wildlife Removal Services in Athens, GA.
Critter Control is here for you every step of the way in the wildlife removal process. From inspection to removal—and even exclusion and repair—we have the services you need to get rid of raccoons, rodents, and other nuisances fast. First, we identify the animal on the property, then use humane methods to remove the animal and secure weak points where more could enter. If damage has been done, we can make those repairs for a complete restoration. Contact a Critter Control office near you today.
Safe, humane removal of nuisance animals and pests from your home or property.
Wildlife Pest Prevention
Reliable prevention from future animal intrusions in your home
Animal Damage Repairs
Professional and permanent repairs to entry points, insulation, and damage from animal urine or feces
Nuisance Wildlife in Athens, GA
The city of Athens encounters plenty of humidity, heat, and rainfall, which help nuisance pests thrive. As home to the University of Georgia, it’s also bustling with people and activity, offering animals easy access to meals and shelter.
As temperatures drop in the winter months, squirrels will look to homes and buildings to build nests. Squirrels are commonly found in attics, chimneys, or vents, where they hoard nuts, leaves, and even household items. They also can cause damage by chewing on electrical wiring or tearing up insulation.
Inspection: We typically look for signs of squirrels such as debris and droppings. There may also be holes in your roof or down in the crawl space. Squirrels also leave unique gnaw marks.
Trapping & Removal: One of our most effective methods for removing squirrels is a one-way door trap. We also use live trappings and set up deterrents to keep the squirrels off your property.
Repairs: There are several ways that we can restore your property. Our team can repair all holes, remove debris, and decontaminate the area.
Athens is a comfortable home for raccoons, which often find food in unsecured trash cans and handouts from residents. Raccoons in Athens are commonly found in chimneys, sheds, or attics. While sometimes perceived as harmless animals, raccoons are capable of spreading deadly diseases, including raccoon roundworm and rabies.
Inspection: We perform a complete inspection that includes looking for larger openings in walls and roofs and identifying raccoon droppings and footprints.
Trapping & Removal: We can isolate and trap raccoons using hefty traps that are simple, humane, and effective.
Repairs: Raccoons can cause extensive damage to the inside of a building. Therefore, we seal up holes, disinfect the area, and replace any damaged insulation or materials.
Bats are a common nuisance to residents of Athens, living in attics, cracks in roofs, or siding. While bats are not aggressive unless acting in self-defense, their ability to spread disease poses a significant threat to home and business owners. Bats can carry rabies, and their foul-smelling droppings can trigger allergies and encourage the growth of dangerous mold.
Inspection: Most bats enter buildings along the roof, which is where we begin our inspection. Our assessment team looks for bat droppings on the roof surface and small holes in the fascia, chimney, ridge, or skylights. From there, we can trace small holes, which lead us to the bats.
Trapping & Removal: When it comes to removing bats, ultrasonic and aerosol deterrents do not work. Instead, we use safe exclusion methods to isolate the bats and remove them.
Repairs: we remove all traces of bats, disinfect the area, and seal/caulk the opening and cracks. We also perform any major structural repairs, if necessary.
Rats and Mice Pest Control
The warm climate of Athens allows house mice, Norway rats, and roof rats to thrive year-round. These rodents enter homes through holes in roofs and gaps under doors to nest in attics and wall voids.
Rats and mice contaminate stored foods in kitchens with their waste. They also may gnaw on wiring and rip up insulation.
Inspection: Rodes such as mice and rats leave behind clear signs of their presence. We look for droppings, chewed paper, and holes in the building and listen for scurrying noises.
Trapping & Removal: When it comes to small rodents, no two situations are alike. We employ different traps and removal methods, depending on your circumstances.
Repairs: Although rodents can chew through building materials, the holes and cracks are relatively small and easy to repair. We can also install mesh for vents.
Other Nuisance Animals in Athens
Snakes like to stay hidden when they can. Near homes that often means lurking in tall grass and debris piles. Georgia is home to six species of venomous snake as well as many harmless varieties. Though they try to avoid contact with humans, the pests will bite if they feel threatened.
With their distinctive black and white coats, skunks are one of the most recognizable Georgia pests. When threatened, they emit a foul odor that can last for days.
Armadillos are relatively harmless to people. Their sharp claws are designed to dig and burrow but can cause damage when close to structures. Handling armadillos without proper protection can lead to scratches
Q&A with Critter Control of Athens
What are some of the most common wildlife issues that homeowners face in Athens-Clarke County?
- Our customers are most frequently pestered by squirrels, raccoons, bats, rodents, and reptiles.
How do the seasons affect wildlife activity in your area?
- Peak season for rodent and mammal activity is normally during fall, winter, and spring. You generally won’t experience a lot of reptilian activity during these times. Rodent and mammal activity severely decrease during the summer months, while reptile activity increases.
What are some common signs of nuisance wildlife activity?
- Unusual noises in attics, walls, basements or crawl spaces. Gnaw holes in walls, roofs, and other entry points throughout the home. Droppings or stains caused from nuisance wildlife contact.
Any prevention tips for residents in your area?
- Have exclusions completed before an issue arises to prevent unwanted entry and/or unnecessary damage to your residence.
When should homeowners call Critter Control?
- Homeowners should call Critter control before a wildlife issue arises. This can prevent unwanted entry. Or at the first sign of activity.
How Professional Wildlife Control Services Help You
Attempting to remove an animal from your house can lead to an attack, which results in immediate injury and the threat of disease. Therefore, you should contact a professional wildlife control service in Athens to remove the pests. There are several benefits of professional wildlife removal.
- Professionals have the equipment and supplies necessary to do the job
- Pro removal prevents you from sustaining any animal-related injuries
- All animals are removed safely and humanely
- You get the added benefit of a built-in structural repair service
- Experts can identify pests anywhere, including hard-to-find spaces
- All areas are decontaminated, ensuring that the building is inhabitable
Why Choose Critter Control of Athens
- Licensed, Qualified Experts: Like many other industries, wildlife removal is regulated. Companies must have a permit or license to operate. For this reason, we carefully vet our employees to ensure they are fully trained, licensed, and qualified to remove animals in the area. When we hire the best, you get the highest quality service.
- Safe, Humane Removal: Animals typically do not enter a building with the intent to harm you. They’re simply looking for a place to eat and breed. Therefore, we adopt safe and humane practices for removing these animals and releasing them back into their natural habitat unharmed.
- Accurate Inspection and Removal: It is not always easy finding and removing animals from a home or office. Critter Control specialists can locate any animal in the home and utilize the right equipment and method for completely removing it from the premises.
Critter Control provides professional wildlife control services in Athens, Georgia. Our wildlife experts are highly trained and use the most advanced techniques and tools in the industry, including the removal of squirrels, raccoons, bats, rodents, and reptiles unique to the Athens area. Critter Control of Athens also specializes in wildlife exclusion as well as damage repair.
Our 30 years of experience in wildlife control allows us to accurately assess an intrusion problem and immediately take the necessary steps to address the issue. The safety of our customers is always our first priority. If you have an intrusion problem on your property, contact Critter Control of Athens as soon as possible.
Serving the following locations:
By County: Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Taliaferro and Wilkes counties.
For Wildlife Control Near You, Call: (706) 406-8663
This franchise is independently licensed and operated by Perry Acquisitions, LLC dba Critter Control of Athens.