Pests will not discriminate when it comes to where they invade. They can get into new constructions, renovated homes, or historic buildings. The seasonal changes in New Jersey means different pests will be problems at different times of year.
Most Common Pests in New Jersey
- Insects like ants, flies, and cockroaches contiminate food and spread diseases.
- Termites: Termites are a significant concern for homeowners since they can cause extensive damage to wooden structures, leading to costly repairs.
- Mosquitoes: These flying insects are common during the warmer months and can be carriers of diseases such as West Nile Virus.
- Bees and wasps: While many bees and wasps are beneficial for the environment, building nests near homes
- Mice and rats: These rodents are often found in homes and can cause damage by chewing through wires and spreading diseases.
Pest Control in New Jersey
Homeowners can feel confused when trying to find a pest control service for their pest problem. Different pests require different solutions. Bees and wasps can build their nests inside walls and ceilings which require significant repair. Because rats breed rapidly, an aggressive and ongoing strategy is needed.
Exterminators and wildlife control operators both provide pest management and pest control. While sharing the common goal of keeping human dwellings free of pests, there are key differences between the two. Exterminators approach pest problems with the aim of killing offenders via the controlled application of toxic chemicals. Wildlife control operators cna provide extermination services in addition to animal trapping and exclusions.
Rat Exterminator in New Jersey
Exterminators aim to get rid of pests using a combination of techniques. They begin with a pest inspection of the property to develop a treatment plan. They do not always figure out the source of the pest problem, which means you may experience future pest problems.
At Critter Control, we use various methods to eliminate and prevent rodent activity. “Control” refers to how we provide long-term rat removal solutions. The size and location of the rat infestation in your home will determine what method we will use to remove them. Rat control starts with trapping. Once the population is under control inside, we install exclusions around your home to keep rats out. Finally, an ongoing maintanence program including bait stations around your house, provide a long-term rat control solution.
Mosquito Exterminator in New Jersey
Mosquitoes can be quite the problem during the warmer months in NJ. Mosquito barrier spray is one of the most effective means to control mosquitoes in your yard. The mosquito spray eliminates mosquitoes by instantly killing the adults and prevent the mosquito eggs from hatching.
Bee & Wasp Exterminator in New Jersey
Stinging insects like wasps and bees are a problem during the New Jersey summer. Wasp and bee extermination is sometimes necessary in order to protect you and your family from painful and occasionally dangerous stings.
Getting rid of wasps and hornets can be tricky when their nests are in unique places. Without an effective wasp pest management program, there is a good chance the stringing insect problem will return. will work with you to assess the stinging insect problem and develop an effective pest management program to keep hornets and wasps away.
Benefits of Critter Control for Your New Jersey Pest Problems
Exterminators control pests by routinely applying pesticides or insecticides. Exclusion is the practice of altering the environment in which you live to make it less accessible to wildlife.
Considered to be more humane than many other pest control methods, it generally means erecting barriers to reduce access of wildlife to resources such as food, cover, and water. After removing all pests from a given location, the wildlife control professional will search the building for specific points of entry, which will then be repaired.
There are some parts of a house that pests use frequently, and are most often in need of repair following an animal infestation:
- Rooflines. There are many points on your roof that can provide animals with access to your home, including attic vents, turbine vents, roof flashings, gutter lines, and more.
- Soffits. A soffit is the horizontal underside of the eave, or the extended portion of the roof over the edge of the house, which usually contain screens to ventilate the attic. Squirrels are the primary offenders when it comes to soffits, because they can chew right through soffit vents—if they are flimsy enough—and gain direct access to your attic, where they like to nest.
- Vent openings. Modern homes are full of appliances, many of which require vents to function properly. Since these vents must be open to the outside to expel gases, they are also open to pests.
- Windows and doors. That tiny gap in your window trim might not look especially problematic, but the grim reality is that mice can fit through holes just a quarter of an inch in size. The good news is, small gaps in window trim can easily be sealed with caulk.
- Cracks and holes around foundations. Small holes in a house’s foundation can let in small animals like snakes and rodents.
- Chimneys. Chimneys must be able to open to the sky to expel smoke, and many people don’t bother closing their flues, which can let animals in.
indicates required field.
Get them out.
Experience wildlife or pest issue? We can help! Complete this form and your local Critter Control® office will contact you to assist.
Keep them out.®
Best Bat Removal
Brandon was out to please and make out lives easier with out bat situation. Above and beyond of the call of duty and got the job done. Thank you!
BAT POOP CLEAN-UP AND PREVENTION! Bat guano removed from gables. No bats found in attic, so put new screens on all gable vents, as one screen was close to breaking and then bats may have gotten in! Great work in Tulsa
Squirrels and chipmunks were in our attic. So we called Critter Control to do an inspection. Their representative climbed all over our very steep roof and found several places where squirrels had entered our attic.
Upon inspection of the attic, evidence of bats was also found. The Critter Control team came on time to completely caulk the entire perimeter of the house and create an exit strategy for the squirrels and bats.
Because bat droppings
can cause histoplasmosis, this also required total removal and replacement of our attic insulation and sanitizing the space. Not a small job in a 1,300 sq. ft. attic! While Critter Control’s cost was high, our homeowners insurance covered most of it. Everyone representing Critter Control was professional, courteous and timely. I would highly recommend them to anyone who thinks they might have unwelcome guests living in their attic
On recommendations from a nearby pest control company, I called Critter Control for suspicious bat droppings
Madison came out the same day to do an inspection. She was knowledgeable, thorough, and highly professional. She examined the ‘matter’ that had been scattered on my threshold and thought it was foliage. But she then asked to go up to my attic space where the bats could be roosting. She had to walk up 3 flights of stairs with a heavy ladder. She again spent some time searching all the nooks and crannies and found nothing.
She seemed so interested in her craft, it was truly inspiring to see! She reassured me and is writing up a prevention strategy for my appraisal. She charged me NOTHING!! I am so impressed. We need more Madisons in this world!
Service: Bat Removal in San Diego
We noticed droppings on our brand new deck - we were given their number from our contractor. They came the next day. Brian looked at it and said - yeah, bats!! He then checked every area in our attic and he explained exactly what needed to be done.
He found evidence of a mice infestation, provided a referral and they are helping us as well. Great service, very informative, very professional! We are very satisfied and would recommend them to anyone who has any issues with any critters!