WE CAN HELP YOU GET RID OF NUISANCE WILDLIFE PROBLEMS
A wild animal in your home is more than a nuisance. The destruction can become costly and healthy concerns become serious over time as many animals carry diseases and parasites. It is important to remove the animal for the safety of you, your family and the animal. The Critter Control Widlife Technician has decades of training and experience to develop a custome plan for the wildlife removal from your home and business.
Wildlife Control and Removal in Effingham
Identify the Wildlife
A thorough inspection of the home or business uncovers clues about what type of animals are present and helps develop a unique strategy to safely remove the wildlife.
Wildlife Removal and Exclusions
Animals are creative and resourceful so there is no one size fits all plan. The wildlife technicians have industry leading best practices. They will create a custom plan to humanely remove the animals from your home and include tactics to help prevent future infestations.
Animal Damage Repair & Sanitization
Once a wild animal has been remove, evidence of its cohabitation linger. Critter Control will provide a solution for any damage left behind such as droppings, urine, food caches damaged entry sites. Most wildlife are known carriers of diseases, parasites, and insects. Depending on the severity, Critter Control offers clean up, disinfecting, and sanitizing services.
Typical Nuisance Wildlife in Effingham
Adaptable and clever, raccoons have no trouble thriving in Effingham. Attics and chimneys make ideal den sites raccoons. Raccoons can wreak havoc trying to gain entry to your home and cause significant damage creating a raccoon den in your attic. They can cause a mess of garbage and destroy home gardens and birdfeeders. Because they are nocturnal, you’ll most likely hear a loud thumbing at night if you have an attic.
- Inspection- looking for footprints in or around home, large openings, raccoon poop
- Raccoon Trapping & Removal- Live trapping most effective and humane
- Repairs- Seal all entry points. Restore attic insultation. Latrine disinfection and clean up.
Common in residential areas, squirrels are often found in homes. Squirrels are active during the day so you might hear squealing, running, or gnawing early in the morning. Squirrels' inscisors never stop growing so they constantly gnaw and chew damaging attic insulation, fraying electrical wire, and destroying house structures.
- Inspection- Gnaw marks on, in, or around your home. Small openings to attics or the crawl space. Droppings. Debris like nuts or nesting materials.
- Squirrel Trapping & Removal- Live trapping, deterrents, one-way doors.
- Repairs- Exclusion services focus on repairing entry points. Removing debris, repairing nest sites, decontaminating droppings and urine.
Rodent Pest Control
Rats and mice are typical pest animals in a home. Proximity to water and buildings with plenty of entry holes allow the pests to travel freely and breed rapidly. In homes, a mouse or rat may contaminate food with waste, spread disease, and destroy property. To effectively get rid of rats you need to control the population. Female rats can have six litters in one year (mice can have up to 35 babies in one year). The wildlife technician will determine the best type of trap, placement of trap, and the best bait to use.
- Inspection- Noises such as scurrying and rat or mouse droppings most prominent signs you have a rodent infestation
- Trapping- Variety of traps available.
- Repairs- Caulking cracks, capping chimneys, installing mesh over vents.
Bats will enter attics to roost in large groups. As a protect species, special consideration must be made for bat control in Illinois. You can remove a bat from a living space you actively use at any time. If a bat colony is in a non-living space (attic), bat removal can only take place from March 15 to May 15 when outdoor temperatures exceed 50° F at dusk, and August 5 through October 30 when outdoor temperatures exceed 50° F at dusk.
Bats are known vectors for rabies but the greatest risk is from guano. The accumulation of bat guano can weaken home structures and Histoplasma mold can grow in bat guano.
- Inspection- Small squeaking sounds. Piles of droppings in one corner of the house or attic. Stains on walls and strong ammonia smell.
- Removal- Generally you can only remove a bat if it’s in the livable part of your home. Most likely one-way doors will be employed once the bats offspring have reached maturity.
- Repairs- Sealing entry points. Disinfecting area under roost from accumulation of guano.
Skunks typically invade Effingham yards in search for food and a safe place to burrow. Sheds, porches, and foundations make ideal burrowing locations which can lead to structural damage. To avoid a skunk’s spray, rely on professional handling and skunk trapping. Removing food supplies is one of the most effective ways to prevent a skunk from entering your property.
Skunk mating season starts in February. Males typically spray during fights over females. A minor skunk problem can quickly magnify during breeding season.
Inspection- Faint odor if skunks typically travel through your yard.
Control- Exclusion and habitat modifications most effective form of skunk control. Cage-type live traps.
Opossums are more of a nuisance than a real danger. They are very common in urban and suburban settings and will eat practically anything. Opossums will use attics, crawlspaces and the areas under sheds and porches as dens.
Inspection – Scat. Remnants of previous nights foraging and feeding.
Control—Exclusion work most effective method. Live trapping. Securing potential food sources like pet food and garbage. Sealing entry points to prevent entry to attics and crawl spaces. Scare devices provide temporary solutions and chemical repellents have significant effect.
Groundhog and Mole Control
People typically confuse moles and gophers with each other. Both animals dig extensive burrows through your lawn. Since both animals spend most of their time underground it can be difficult to distinguish which animal is in your yard. Time, energy, and resources can be wasted by trying to control these animals in an unoccupied burrow.
Effective control includes a strategic approach to baiting and trapping. Buried fencing around garden plots can help protect your vegetables and flowers.
FAQ Wildlife Questions in Effingham
What are some of the most common wildlife issues that homeowners face in Effingham?
We usually find squirrels, raccoons, and bats in people's attics. No home is immune to a rodent infestation. Rats and mice are opporunitists. Typically, people call when moles, skunks, and groundhogs damage their landscaping.
How do the seasons affect wildlife activity in Southern Illinois?
Spring is an active time for nuisance wildlife. Critters are waking up from hibernation. Young are born so mothers are looking for safe places to raise their babies. If you hear animal noises during the spring in your home, it's likely a family of animals. Late summer and early spring are when we're legally allowed to exclude bats. During summer and fall months, burrowing animals such as moles, groundhogs and skunks keep us busy.
In the winter, the primary critters are squirrels and raccoons in attics looking for shelter from the cold.
Any prevention tips for residents in your area?
Animals generally access homes through louvre vents, soffit roof interface gaps, roof vents, power fan vents, general foundation construction gaps, foundation vents, and open chimney flues, which should all be secured. Once an animals is safely removed, we seal up potential entry points.
When should homeowners call Critter Control?
The sooner the better. Signs of animals in your home are: unusually sounds or odors coming from the attic or crawl space, unusual activity in or around the yard and landscaping. It could also be that a homeowner just wants an inspection by a trained professional to give them peace of mind that their home is secured and animal-free.
Why Choose Critter Control
- Trained and Certified Wildlife Experts: Not just anyone can remove wild animals from property. Critter Control professionals have the training and experience necessary to remove small and larger pests from your home or business. We use proven methods and advanced equipment and supplies while offering damage repair.
- Humane Wildlife Removal: Most animals that invade your home are simply trying to find food or shelter. They mean no harm. As such, our job is to redirect them back into their natural habitat. We use safe and humane methods for removing all animals without harming them.
- Accurate Inspection and Removal: Animals can crawl into just about any space in your house, making them extremely difficult to find. Our specialists can identify signs of animal presence, locate the animal, and remove 100 percent of the wildlife from your home or office. We also help you find solutions to prevent their return.
Guaranteed Work. Financing Available. Free Inspections (some restrictions apply).
- Animal Damage
- Animal Droppings
- Animal in Attic
- Animal in Basement
- Animal in Wall
- Animal Odor Removal
- Animals on the Roof
- Animals Under Homes & Porches
- Attic Remediation
- Bats in Attic
- Bats in Chimney
- Bats in Homes
- Bats Under Eaves
- Bee Removal
- Bird Removal From Vents
- Carcass Removal from Homes
- Chimney Repairs
- Chipmunk Removal
- Dead Animal Removal
- Humane Animal Trapping
- Insulation Services
- Mice in Walls & Attics
- Opossum Trapping
- Opossums Under House and Deck
- Pigeon Clean-up
- Pigeon deterrents
- Raccoon in Chimney
- Raccoon Removal
- Raccoon Trapping
- Raccoons in Attic
- Rats in Walls & Attics
- Screen Chimney Caps
- Seal Animal Entry Points in Homes
- Seal Holes in Roof, Siding, Eaves
- Skunk Control
- Skunk Trapping
- Skunk Under House, Deck, Shed
- Skunks Under Heating Units
- Snake Removal
- Squirrel Trapping
- Squirrels in Attics
- Bat Removal
- Chimney Swifts
- Norway Rats
- Raccoon Removal and Control
- Roof Rats
- Stinging Insects
- Animal Damage Repair
- Bird Control & Municipal Animal Control
- Repairs and Prevention
- Servicing Industrial, Retail and Commercial properties
- Wildlife Removal
- Wildlife Trapping and Removal
Serving the following locations:
By County: Clark, Crawford, Cumberland, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Lawrence, Richland and Shelby Counties