Nuisance Animals of the Southwest
Mesquite, TX, features warm, coastal temperatures, despite being located inland. Here, local residents may come into conflict with the natural behaviors of wildlife, including feral hogs and raccoons.
Feral hogs are similar to domestic pigs, except that they roam free across Mesquite. These nocturnal scavengers leave several signs of their presence, such as:
- Wallows - These are muddy areas created when wild pigs roll on the ground to cool off.
- Rooting Damage - A feral hog often disturbs soil and harms plants when it forages for food.
- Scat - The pests leave behind droppings in multiple small piles around properties.
Raccoons in Mesquite can spread both distemper and rabies. Distemper only affects pets, but this dangerous disease attacks their respiratory, digestive, and nervous systems. Rabies, on the other hand, can be transmitted to both people and pets. To avoid attracting raccoons to yards, homeowners should:
- Remove wildlife feeders.
- Take in any pet food or scraps.
- Properly seal trash cans.
Raccoons and feral hogs are smart and highly adaptable. Both of these animals are capable of thriving in varied environments, making removal difficult. Mesquite homeowners should be cautious and make safety a top priority when dealing with these pests.
Common Wildlife Issues in this Location
- Animal Damage
- Animal Droppings
- Animal Noises
- Animal Odor Removal
- Animals on the Roof
- Animals Under Homes & Porches
- Bats in Homes
- Bats in the Attic
- Carcass Removal from Homes
- Chimney Repairs
- Dead Animal Removal
- Humane Animal Trapping
- Mice in Walls & Attics
- Raccoon Trapping
- Raccoons in Attic
- Rats in Walls & Attics:
- Seal Animal Entry Points in Homes
- Skunk Control
- Skunk Trapping
- Skunks Under Heating Units
- Squirrel Trapping
- Squirrels in Attics
- Squirrels in Homes
- Venomous Snake Removal
We provide trapping & removal services for the following types of animals:
- House Finches
- Pack Rats
- Roof Rats
- Wild Hogs
- Bird Control & Municipal Animal Control