Wildlife Control & Removal Services
Nuisance wildlfe entering a home can present several challenges like:
- Making strange noises and unpleasant odors
- Causing damage in and around your home
- Carrying diseases and parasites
The longer wildlife is in your home, the greater these challenges become. Professional wildlife control includes a complete inspection of your property, a custom wildlife removal strategy, and finally a remediation plan to keep the wildlife from returning and reparing any damage caused.
Call Critter Control to remove any wildlife in Dover, Wilmington, Newark or throughout Delaware.
To identify potential nuisance wildlife, The Wildlife Service Technician is asking three questions:
The technician observes the natural environment to ascertain potential species and investigates your property for signs of wildlife. Typical signs of wildlife include entry sites, animal droppings and urine, foul odors, nests or dens, claw, tracks or smudge marks.
- What is the nature of the problem?
- How can this be solved?
- How to prevent it in the future?
During an inspection, the technician will determine the severity of the problem, identify the species (if possible), develop a custom strategy to remove the animal, and identify areas to prevent future wildlife control issues.
Before you can protect your home, the animal must be removed. Wildlife sealed in your home creates additional problems, and a mother separated from her children will do everything in her power to reunite with her babies.
Based on the inspection, the Wildlife Service Technician will deploy a humane, environmentally safe plan to remove the animal from your property.
Animal Damage Repair & Wildlife Prevention
Wildlife can cause substantial damage to residential property, including structural damage, soiled insulation, chimney damage, roof destruction, plant destruction, and more. After the animal has been removed, we’ll repair damage caused by animals, clean up debris, and disinfect and sanitize the area.
Each property requires a unique wildlife exclusion strategy based on home entry points, the availability of food, water and shelter, and the type/s of animal being targeted for exclusion. Wildlife exlusions are safe to you, your family and the animal and provide an immediate and long term solution.
Animals are creative and resourceful. After removal, an animal might attempt to regain entry to your home. Exclusion techniques should be monitored and occasionally updated.
Typical Wildlife Control Services in Delaware
Raccoon Control & Removal
Adaptable and clever, raccoons have no trouble thriving in Delaware. Attics and chimneys make ideal den sites for a gaze of raccoons.
- Inspection- looking for footprints in or around home, large openings, raccoon poop
- Trapping & Removal- Live trapping most effective and humane
- Repairs- Seal all entry points. Restore attic insultation.
Squirrel Control & Removal
Common in residential areas, squirrels are often find their way into homes.
- Inspection- Gnaw marks on, in, or around your home. Small opennings to attics or the crawl space. Droppings. Debris like nuts or nesting materials.
- Trapping & Removal- Live trapping, deterrents, one-way doors.
- Repairs- exculsion services focus on repairing entry points. Removing debris, repairing nest sites, decontaminating droppings and urine.
Similar to other older East Coast regions, rodents like rats and mice are typical pest animals in a home. Proximity to water and buildings with plenty of entry holes allow the pests to travel freely and breed rapidly. In homes, a mouse or rat may contaminate food with waste, spread disease, and destroy property.
- Inspection- Noises such as scurrying and rat or mouse droppings most prominent signs you have a rodent infestation. Gnaw marks.
- Trapping- Variety of traps available.
- Repairs- Sealing and monitoring any potential entry sites. Caulking cracks, capping chimneys, installing mesh over vents. Decontaminating any areas covered in droppings.
Bat Control & Removal
Bats will enter attics to roost in large groups. As a protect species, special consideration must be made for bat control in Delaware.
- Inspection- Small squeaking sounds. Piles of droppings in one corner of the house. Stains on walls and strong ammonia smell.
- Trapping & Removing- Generally a bat can only be trapped and removed if it is in the livable part of your home. Most likely one way doors will be employed once the bats offspring have reached maturity.
- Repairs- Sealing entry points. Disinfecting areas from accumulation of guano.
Snake in your Home
If you have a snake in your home, you have another animal pest problem. Snakes generally enter a home looking for food. Removing the snakes food source is the ideal way to remove a snake.
- Inspection- snake skins, snake droppings, odor.
- Trapping & Removing- Live traps and direct capture are effective methods.
Bird Control in Delaware
- Trapping & Removing- Trapping birds are difficult. A better strategy for removal is to deny them places to land and nest like bird netting, bird slides, chimney capping. Depending on the pest bird will determine the type of barrier and habitat modification will be necessary
- Repairs- Removing any nests and repairing damage cause by nest building. Decontaminating areas covered in bird droppings.
Critter Control’s team of specialists has the knowledge, expertise and equipment to handle any wildlife situation, including the prevention or removal of bats, beavers, birds, chipmunks, foxes, rats, skunks, and other species throughout Delaware. The safety of our customers is always our first priority. If you have an intrusion issue on your residential or commercial property, call Critter Control of Delaware as soon as possible.
COMMON WILDLIFE ISSUES IN DELAWARE
- Animal Damage
- Animal Droppings
- Animal in Attic
- Animals Under Homes & Porches
- Bats in Attic
- Bats in Chimney
- Bird Removal From Vents
- Carcass Removal from Homes
- Chimney Repairs
- Chipmunk Removal
- Mice in Walls & Attics
- Opossum Trapping
- Pigeon deterrents
- Raccoon Removal
- Raccoon Trapping
- Raccoons in Attic
- Rat Removal
- Rats in Walls & Attics
- Screen Chimney Caps
- Skunk Trapping
- Snake Removal
- Squirrel Removal
- Squirrel Trapping
- Venomous Snake Removal
- Woodpecker Removal
- Chimney Swifts
- Flying Squirrels
- Ground Squirrels
- Norway Rats
- Raccoon Removal and Control
- Roof Rats
- Stinging Insects
- Yellow Jackets
- Animal Damage Repair
- Bait Stations
- Bird Control & Municipal Animal Control
- Wildlife Removal
- Wildlife Trapping and Removal
Serving the following locations:
By County: New Castle, Sussex, Kent
- Wilmington, Dover, Newark, Middleton, Bear, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, New Castle, Lewe