Prevention & Habitat Modification
Critter Control uses several methods of habitat modification and exclusion to prevent wildlife from entering your home or property. Prevention services limit access to food, water, or shelter for the target species.
Animal Exclusion Techniques:
- Chimney – Chimney caps and screens can prevent animals from falling in or nesting
- Plumbing Vents – Properly excluded vents can prevent animals from seeking shelter and becoming stuck in plumbing pipes
- Roof & Fascia Spaces – Sealing entry points between the roof and fascia will discourage animal entry
- Roof Vents – Lightweight, flimsy vents should be replaced with heavy secure roof vents
- Oven & Bathroom Exhaust Vents – Adding vent covers will keep animals out
- Roof/Soffit Intersection – Securing soffit gaps will help prevent easy animal entry
- Holes in Siding – Repairing & reinforcing holes will discourage animal infestation
- Porch & Deck – Installation of durable rat walls around base prevents animal entry
- Trees & Landscaping – Removal of overhanging tree limbs and encroaching vegetation denies easy access to your home
The Wildlife Exclusion Solution
The professionals at Critter Control have the experience and training to quickly identify the offending animal and develop an effective plan of defense. Critter Control will find every point of entry, implement our prevention strategies, and eliminate recurring wildlife invasions in your home or property. Call Critter Control today for effective wildlife prevention.
Because of the varied intelligence and behavior of animal species, some prevention techniques are more effective than others. If a technique is improperly executed, the target animal can learn to defeat it. This can cause even more damage to your property, which is why these techniques require experienced professionals.
While some wildlife appear small and harmless, it is important to remember there are many dangers associated with wild animals. From diseases and parasites to painful bites, a wildlife encounter can become a serious health risk. To protect yourself and your family, call a trained professional to inspect all wildlife issues.
Wildlife exclusion is the best approach to long-term wildlife control. While removing a nuisance animal solves an immediate problem, it does not address future invaders. By locating all points of animal entry and implementing repair and exclusion techniques, the chances for future animal infestation and damage are greatly reduced.
Minor Repairs Prevent Major Damage
A small hole in your fascia board, attic vent, dormer or gable vent can allow flying squirrels, red squirrels, mice and bats into your home, where they can leave droppings, urine, fleas and ticks in your attic. Let a Critter Control specialist inspect your home and plug these entrance points before they become a larger issue.
Humane WIldlife Exclusion
Since 1983, the Critter Control concept has called for humane wildlife exclusion and environmentally responsible techniques for taking care of nuisance wild animal problems. We use innovative, integrated methods to provide ecologically sound wildlife exclusion services. We work with you to develop a plan to remove and exclude the nuisance wildlife pest, prevent future animal infestation and repair animal damage. Critter Control backs it up with our animal exclusion guarantee – “Our Repairs Keep Animals Out!”
Call us for fast and effective animal exclusion at 1-800-CRITTER or visit our Office Finder to find a Critter Control office near you. We have the professional wildlife management solutions you need!
Critter Control handles wild animals only. Please call your local shelter if you have a domestic animal issue.