Safe, humane removal of nuisance animals and pests from your home or property.
Wildlife Pest Prevention
Reliable prevention from future animal intrusions in your home.
Animal Damage Repair
Professional and permanent repairs to entry points and insulation. Disinfecting areas damaged by urine and feces.
Nuisance Wildlife in Akron
Critter Control specializes in wildlife pest control. Resourceful animals can find countless ways into your home in search for food, water, and shelter. After a thorough home inspection, we create a custom wildlife control strategy to humanely remove the nuisance animal from your home and ensure the animal cannot return.
Raccoon Control & Removal
Adaptable and clever, raccoons have no trouble thriving in CITY. Attics and chimneys make ideal den sites raccoons. Raccoons can wreak havoc trying to gain entry to your home and cause significant damage creating a den in your attic. They can cause a mess of garbage and destroy home gardens and birdfeeders. Because they are nocturnal, you’ll most likely hear a loud thumbing at night if you have an attic.
- Inspection- looking for footprints in or around home, large openings, raccoon poop
- Trapping & Removal- Live trapping most effective and humane
- Repairs- Seal all entry points. Restore attic insultation. Latrine disinfection and clean up.
Squirrel Control & Removal
Common in residential areas, squirrels are often found in homes. Squirrels are active during the day so you might hear squealing, running, or gnawing early in the morning. Squirrels teeth never stop growing so they constantly gnaw and chew damaging attic insulation, fraying electrical wire, and destroying house structures.
Inspection- Gnaw marks on, in, or around your home. Small openings to attics or the crawl space. Droppings. Debris like nuts or nesting materials.
- Trapping & Removal- Live trapping, deterrents, one-way doors.
- Repairs- exclusion services focus on repairing entry points. Removing debris, repairing nest sites, decontaminating droppings and urine.
Rats and mice are typical pest animals in a home. Proximity to water and buildings with plenty of entry holes allow the pests to travel freely and breed rapidly. In homes, a mouse or rat may contaminate food with waste, spread disease, and destroy property. To effectively get rid of rats you need to control the population. Female rats can have six litters in one year (mice can have up to 35 babies in one year). The wildlife technician will determine the best type of trap, placement of trap, and the best bait to use.
- Inspection- Noises such as scurrying and rat or mouse droppings most prominent signs you have a rodent infestation
- Trapping- Variety of traps available.
- Repairs- caulking cracks, capping chimneys, installing mesh over vents.
Bat Control & Removal
Bats will enter attics to roost in large groups. As a protect species, special consideration must be made for bat control in Ohio.
- Inspection- Small squeaking sounds. Piles of droppings in one corner of the house or attic. Stains on walls and strong ammonia smell.
- Trapping & Removing- Generally you can only remove a bat if it’s in the livable part of your home. Most likely one-way doors will be employed once the bats offspring have reached maturity.
- Repairs- Sealing entry points. Disinfecting area under roost from accumulation of guano.
Snake in your Home
If you have a snake in your home, you have another animal pest problem. Snakes generally enter a home looking for food. Snakes will also enter your home to explore, shed its skin, or as a temporary refuge. Removing the snake’s food source is the ideal way to remove a snake.
- Inspection- snake skins, snake droppings, odor,
- Trapping & Removing- Live traps and direct capture are effective methods. Most non-venomous snakes are protected from killing. Eliminating any prey species and sealing potential entry points help keep snakes from re-entering your home.
Bird Control in Akron
Trapping birds are difficult. A better strategy for removal is to deny them places to land and nest like bird netting, bird slides, chimney capping. Depending on the pest bird will determine the type of barrier and habitat modification will be necessary
Removing any nests and repairing damage cause by nest building. Decontaminating areas covered in bird droppings.
Preventing Wildlife Problems
Wildlife have the same basic needs as people -- food, water, and shelter. Wild animals will explore your property for resources to satisfy those needs.
By limiting access to those resources, you can effectively and humanely control the population. If wildlife become a nuisance, call Critter Control at (330) 917-9000 for a custom wildlife control solution.
Q&A with Local Franchisee Brian Mullins
What are some of the most common wildlife issues that homeowners face in your area?
Racoons, Mice, Bats, Moles, Birds, Squirrels. This is due to entry points that aren't secure and need tightening up on the property.
How do the seasons affect wildlife activity in your area?
Winters can get harsh and animals become less active. However, during warmer weather, things get out of hand rather quickly.
What are some common signs of nuisance wildlife activity?
Yards being dug-up. Scratching noises in the walls. Rodent nests in basements (especially finished basements).
Any prevention tips for residents in your area?
Ensure to seal gaps and inspect if a contractor completes an exterior project for you. When in doubt, call a professional for a hassle-free, no-obligation quote.
When should homeowners call Critter Control?
Anytime there is a concern. Many contractors in the area recommend a animal expert to ensure the job is complete and no wildlife can enter.
Critter Control of Akron
With over 30 years of experience, Critter Control is the nation's leading wildlife control company. At Critter Control of Akron/Ashtabula, Ohio, we're skilled at dealing with many of Northeast Ohio’s most bothersome pest animals. Whether you need to remove bats, racoons, squirrels, birds, mice or rats from your attic, or get rid of moles, skunks or groundhogs that are damaging your property, you can trust Critter Control to get the job done safely, effectively and humanely.
Serving the following locations:
By County: Ashtabula, Mahoning, Portage, Stark, Summit and Trumbull Counties
For Wildlife Control Near You, Call: (330) 917-9000
This franchise is independently licensed and operated by BMO Enterprises, LLC., dba Critter Control.