This Albuquerque homeowner called because she heard noises in her chimney. She suspected birds in her chimney and was surprised to learn it was a raccoon! Raccoon Removal from Chimney Because this little guy refused to exit the chimney on his own, we had to resort to live capture. The technician sealed the room, put down protective material in the living room, and opened the fireplace damper. He was a little surprised but otherwise unharmed. Racccon Prevention in New Mexico Once the raccoon was removed humanely, the technician made sure another raccoon could not enter by installing a chimney cap.